It is Orlando Christian Prep’s desire to shape tomorrow's leaders through a biblical foundation by increasing wisdom, knowledge and spiritual understanding of God's ideal plan for their lives, as based on Colossians 1:9-10.
STATEMENT OF DOCTRINAL BELIEFS
PURPOSE: Christian education is first and foremost the responsibility of the Christian home. (Deuteronomy 6:7). The Christian school has been established to enable parents to obey God’s command to give their children a Christian education while, at the same time, obeying the laws of the land. The purpose of OCP is to educate and train the whole student physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. In cooperation with home and church, OCP seeks to produce Christ-likeness in its students.
1. THE SCRIPTURES: We believe that the entire Bible is verbally inspired by God and is the only infallible and authoritative rule of faith and practice. II Timothy 3:16-17
2. GOD: We believe that there is only one true, living, sovereign, holy, and eternal God, existing in three co-equal persons -- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- each being a distinct person and with a distinct function. Deuteronomy 6:4-5.
3. JESUS CHRIST: We believe in the deity and virgin birth of Christ, that He lived a sinless life, performed many miracles, shed His blood on the cross to pay the debt for our sins, was buried, bodily resurrected, ascended to the right hand of the Father, and will return, visibly, and personally in glory and power. John 1:1-3, 14; Matthew 1:18-25; Philippians 2:5-9; I Corinthians 15:1-8.
4. HOLY SPIRIT: We believe that the Holy Spirit is the convictor of sin, the chief agent of regeneration and sanctification, and that He indwells, seals, and empowers believers. John 14:16-19; 16:7-15.
5. MANKIND: We believe that in the beginning God created mankind in His image, and is not in any sense the product of evolution. We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complimentary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. Genesis 1:27.
6. SIN: We believe that Adam, the first man, sinned by disobedience. This act resulted in the fall of all mankind so that all people have sinned and lost their ability to live for the glory of God. Every person’s sin incurs both physical and spiritual death until there is forgiveness and salvation by the grace of God. Genesis 3:1-24; Romans 3:10-23; 5:12-21; 6:23.
7. SALVATION: We believe the salvation of lost and sinful people is a free gift of God’s grace apart from human works, based solely upon Christ’s vicarious and atoning death. Ephesians 2:8-10; II Corinthians 5:21.
8. THE CHURCH: We believe that the church is the body of Christ and the family of God. It is made up of saved and baptized believers, who regularly join together for worship, fellowship, and ministry. I Corinthians 12:12-14; Hebrews 10:25.
9. EVANGELISM: We believe that it is the responsibility and privilege of every Christian to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ and to seek to make growing disciples. Matthew 28:18-20.
10. THE HOME: We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union. In addition to these important beliefs, we also believe that God has given the parents and the home the responsibility of bringing up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Ephesians 6:4; Proverbs 22:6. We believe that a consistent and whole education will occur when home, church, and school work closely together and are in agreement on the basic concepts of life.
11. SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE: We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other state or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. Psalms 139.
Final Authority for Matters of Belief and Conduct: The statement of faith does not exhaust our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of Orlando Christian Prep’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Orlando Christian Prep School Board and President of Orlando Christian Prep is Orlando Christian Prep’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.